UGH! I should've known better....

  • Karenzstuff@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2007
      Well Poo! I am so frustrated with GenCircles.com today. I uploaded my GEDCOM
      to search on their site for 'free' & now I'm locked out with the teasing ad to
      subscribe for a year to see the matches. YUCKO! Now they can use my info & I
      can't get to anything. just thought I'd let ya know....live & learn huh :o)

      I was wondering if anyone here has been using XDrive.com? I cn't recall who
      posted this site....but it looks like a great option for storing files. And if
      you would mind sharing what the 'loop holes' or suprises might be coming from
      the free offer they have of storage space. Is it somekind of Picture, Family
      Tree filing method or just the online storage space?

      Thanks so much!
      Karen Farrer
      Pittsburg Texas USA

    • Jon P Czarowitz
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2007
        As to XDRIVE.com, it also has the clause that lets them change the site
        anytime they want
        and you have no control in this. Use at your own risk.

        Karenzstuff@... wrote:

        > Well Poo! I am so frustrated with GenCircles.com today. I uploaded my
        > GEDCOM
        > to search on their site for 'free' & now I'm locked out with the
        > teasing ad to
        > subscribe for a year to see the matches. YUCKO! Now they can use my
        > info & I
        > can't get to anything. just thought I'd let ya know....live & learn
        > huh :o)
        >
        > I was wondering if anyone here has been using XDrive.com? I cn't
        > recall who
        > posted this site....but it looks like a great option for storing
        > files. And if
        > you would mind sharing what the 'loop holes' or suprises might be
        > coming from
        > the free offer they have of storage space. Is it somekind of Picture,
        > Family
        > Tree filing method or just the online storage space?
        >
        > Thanks so much!
        > Karen Farrer
        > Pittsburg Texas USA

      • Robert Simons