Re:Does anyone know anything about the Black Dutch?

  • amy nelson
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26, 2007
      My aunt was told she was black dutch...but we don't know what that means either. My mother has seen old (and I mean old) maps of a country named "Black Dutch", but I cannot find those maps, and she doesn't know where she saw them. I have also seen the term as a catch-all phrase for people wanting to disguise their true heritage. It is used to refer to people of gypsy/italian or gypsy/spanish heritage, or people with african heritage, or american indian heritage. Do a google search, and you'll see what I mean! Keep us informed if you find out anything, I'd like to know too....

      Amy