Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Genealogy Programs

  • Karen Minnemeyer
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 21, 2007
      Jon:
      Thank you for your help and comments. No I didn't loose anything on Ancestry.com (just hate that they are now making money off of my research and I can't afford a subscription!). My problem was with the Family Tree Maker program. It crashed on my home computer, dumping all the files I had spent so much time compiling. When I contacted them and asked to be allowed to download the files I had uploaded to their website, I was told I would have to join and pay the fees, etc, etc. They did offer to send me a replacement Family Tree Maker program - and I would want to use this again why? So I just went with Legacy and have been using it for several years without so much as a hiccup. I will never upload any of my research to any site that can use it to make money for themselves.
      Karen M.

      Karen E. Minnemeyer
      kamiki1@...