Castlegarden

  • celtharper
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2007
      Hi Debbie,
      THANK YOU ! ! ! THANK YOU ! ! ! THANK YOU ! ! !

      How can I ever thank you enough for the reference to Castle Island. I
      am a newbie, I've been looking for my mothers family for several
      years, but hadn't been able to find any reference to my grandparents
      at all. NOTHING!!!! I put the research of that line on hold because
      I knew only from my mothers birth certificate that my grandmother was
      born in England, no age, no year no town, so I didn't know where to
      start. I searched ships passenger lists, Ancestry.com to no avail.

      I have been so frustrated, I finally found her in the 1910 census, so
      for the first time I had a tidbit of information to start from.

      My first search on Castlegarden.org gave me the ship she arrived on
      and the family members with her. She arrived as a child so I now have
      a host of information to work with.

      Thank you a thousand times.

      Slàn agus Beannachtai,
      Tristen

      Do you know for sure that he was headed for New York?
      Ellis Island (www.ellisisland.org) processed immigrants from 1892 -
      1954..
      Castle Garden (www.castlegarden.org) processed immigrants from 1855 -
      1890.
      Have you tried www.ancestry.com?
      Let me know how I can help.
      Debbie
    • Debbie Oney
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2007
        Tristen,
        You are very, very welcome! I love it when new doors get opened up!
        Please let me know if I can be of help again!

        Good luck with your research,

        Debbie