Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone with findmypast.com units or subscription?

  • Debbie Oney
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2007
      Hi Zarah,
      Do you know for sure that he was headed for New York?
      Ellis Island (www.ellisisland.org) processed immigrants from 1892 -1954.. Castle Garden (www.castlegarden.org) processed immigrants from 1855 - 1890.
      Have you tried www.ancestry.com?

      Let me know how I can help.

      Debbie

      Zarah <zarah@...> wrote:
      I was wondering if anyone could look something up for me on
      ancestorsonboard.com. There's an entry for Howard Walker, age 5,
      departed Liverpool in 1891, headed for New York. I'd like to find out
      the ship name, the date it departed, and the names of people onboard
      with the same surname.

      Thanks,

      Zarah

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2007
        The info I gave was what I could get from the site without
        buying "credits." I'm not 100% sure it's the right Howard Walker, but
        the date, age, etc, is about right. I've had no luck with ancestry.com
        with this part of the family, nor with Ellis Island. I just checked
        Castle Garden (that's a new resource to me, thanks!), and no luck there
        either. Thanks, though!

        Zarah