Livingstone/Bremner brick wall

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2007
      Hello. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me with a brick
      wall I hit on my family tree.

      My great great grandfather was William Livingstone married to an
      Isabel Bremner in 1821 in Kilmadock. That we do know and that he
      came over to Canada with her family in 1821. We think William's
      father was Neil Livingstone and his mother Margaret Woodhouse.

      Using the OPR and the GRO records I have been able to find the
      marriage of Neil and Margaret in 1792 in Port of Monteith. And I
      found a little more info on Margaret including her parents names. It
      looks like based on the OPR that Margaret and Neil had the following
      children: John Livingston b. 7/5/1795 in Port of Monteith; William
      (my great great grandfather) b. 1/6/1799 in Port of Monteith; James
      Livingstone b 6/18/1797 in Port of Monteith; Marion Livingstone b.
      7/25/1801 in Port of Monteith; Margaret Livingstone b 12/14/1792 in
      City of Glasgow; and Neil Livingstone b 1/8/1804 in Balfron

      Based on a family tree I found thru www.familysearch.org William's
      father Neil was born in 1769 but provides no actual date of birth or
      location. I tried using the OPR to find a possible answer but didn't
      have any luck. No Neil Livingstone's (with spelling variations)
      found in any location of Scotland in 1769

      Oddly enough I did find another William Livingston married to another
      Isabel Brebner (variation spelling of Bremner we believe) living in
      Kincardine around 1755-1775 at least. No child named Neil though.
      It just stuck out since their names were the same as two generations
      later.

      Other than that I've struck out for the most part. My brother is
      going to do the DNA ancestral test as we are still trying to tie our
      family to either the Highland Livingston's or the Lowland
      Livingston's and with the information above and other various
      websites and family trees I've viewed, including the Clan Livingstone
      website, we still can't connect to either branch for sure.

      Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

      Thanks, Suzanne Livingstone

      LivingstoneAncestry@...