Anyone with findmypast.com units or subscription?

  • Zarah
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
      I was wondering if anyone could look something up for me on
      ancestorsonboard.com. There's an entry for Howard Walker, age 5,
      departed Liverpool in 1891, headed for New York. I'd like to find out
      the ship name, the date it departed, and the names of people onboard
      with the same surname.

      Thanks,

      Zarah
    • jjjwis
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
        Wouldn't 1891 be included in the free Ellis Island site? You don't
        need a subscription to look it up there. You could get the ships name,
        departure date and who he traveled with. Just a suggestion.
        joanne

        > I was wondering if anyone could look something up for me on
        > ancestorsonboard.com. There's an entry for Howard Walker, age 5,
        > departed Liverpool in 1891, headed for New York. I'd like to find
        out
        > the ship name, the date it departed, and the names of people onboard
        > with the same surname.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Zarah

      • klturner1172
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
          Zarah,
          This came off of Ancestry.com. I am hoping it will help you and that
          it is the correct Howard Walker. It looks like he traveled with his
          mother. If I can help anymore please let me know.

          Kendria

          Name: Howard Walker
          Arrival Date: 1 Oct 1891
          Estimated birth year: abt 1886
          Age: 5
          Gender: Male
          Port of Departure: Liverpool, England and Queenstown, Ireland
          Destination: New York
          Place of Origin: England
          Ethnicity/Race/Nationality: English
          Ship Name: Majestic
          Search Ship Database: View the Majestic in the 'Passenger Ships and
          Images' database
          Port of Arrival: New York
          Line: 33
          Microfilm Serial: M237
          Microfilm Roll: M237_577
          List Number: 1521
          Port Arrival State: New York
          Port Arrival Country: United States

          Source Citation: Year: 1891; Arrival: New York , United States;
          Microfilm serial: M237; Microfilm roll: M237_577; Line: 33; List
          number: 1521.

          Source Information:
          Ancestry.com. New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 [database on-line].
          Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006. Original data:

          Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, New York, 1820-1897;
          (National Archives Microfilm Publication M237, 675 rolls); Records of
          the U.S. Customs Service, Record Group 36; National Archives,
          Washington, D.C.

          Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, New York,
          1897-1957; (National Archives Microfilm Publication T715, 8892
          rolls); Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service;
          National Archives, Washington, D.C.

          This database is an index to the passenger lists of ships arriving
          from foreign ports at the port of New York from 1820-1957. In
          addition, the names found in the index are linked to actual images of
          the passenger lists. Information contained in the index includes
          given name, surname, age, gender, arrival date, port of arrival, port
          of departure and ship name.

          Copyright © 1998-2006, MyFamily.com Inc.
        • Zarah Walker
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2007
            Yeah, I tried Ellis Island and couldn't find him. I'm wondering if it's
            because he was so young at the time. There is a Howard Walker that arrived
            in 1915 (he was 28 at the time), but the middle initial does not match the
            one I'm looking for and none of the other information seems to match either.

            Thanks for the suggestion, though!

            Zarah

            Wouldn't 1891 be included in the free Ellis Island site? You don't
            need a subscription to look it up there. You could get the ships name,
            departure date and who he traveled with. Just a suggestion.
            joanne

            > I was wondering if anyone could look something up for me on
            > ancestorsonboard.com. There's an entry for Howard Walker, age 5,
            > departed Liverpool in 1891, headed for New York. I'd like to find
            out
            > the ship name, the date it departed, and the names of people onboard
            > with the same surname.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Zarah

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Connie Mazerov
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 4, 2007
              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, jjjwis <no_reply@...>
              wrote:

              > Wouldn't 1891 be included in the free Ellis Island site? You don't
              > need a subscription to look it up there. You could get the ships
              name,
              > departure date and who he traveled with. Just a suggestion.
              > joanne
              >
              > > I was wondering if anyone could look something up for me on
              > > ancestorsonboard.com. There's an entry for Howard Walker, age 5,
              > > departed Liverpool in 1891, headed for New York. I'd like to
              find
              > out
              > > the ship name, the date it departed, and the names of people
              onboard
              > > with the same surname.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > >
              > > Zarah

              No, Ellis Island does not include 1891, the records do not begin
              until 1892. You might check Castle Garden records which are also
              free and http://www.stevemorse.org/ is the best way to look at all
              immigration records as he has a great search engine. There is also
              the Transcribers Immigration Ships Guild which is free and has ships
              records, passengers etc. by year, ship name, captains name, port of
              arrival and departure and is at http://www.immigrantships.net/.

              Connie
            • Debbie Oney
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 8, 2007
                Hi Zarah,
                Do you know for sure that he was headed for New York?
                Ellis Island (www.ellisisland.org) processed immigrants from 1892 -1954.. Castle Garden (www.castlegarden.org) processed immigrants from 1855 - 1890.
                Have you tried www.ancestry.com?

                Let me know how I can help.

                Debbie

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 8, 2007
                  The info I gave was what I could get from the site without
                  buying "credits." I'm not 100% sure it's the right Howard Walker, but
                  the date, age, etc, is about right. I've had no luck with ancestry.com
                  with this part of the family, nor with Ellis Island. I just checked
                  Castle Garden (that's a new resource to me, thanks!), and no luck there
                  either. Thanks, though!

                  Zarah