Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Van Vorst

  • InLoveWeSearch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 24, 2007
      Abbie,

      If you don't mind my two cents, in our family lines, we have several cases of
      husbands, and even wives, being significantly older than their spouse. Also
      with WWI and WWII, age of children and even the age of the man signing up had
      little to do with much of anything, I guess. We even have men in their
      forties signing up for the draft during WWI in particular. And during WWII, my
      grandfather was in the European Theatre even though he had three young (ages 8, 5
      and 4) children who were placed in an orphanage (mother out of the picture)
      while he served in the Army.

      Bambi Lynne

      In a message dated 1/23/2007 4:40:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      abbiem@... writes:
      This man would have been 12 years older than my Rose

      and would have a little boy around 3-4 years old.

      Was it the norm for men to sign up when they have such

      young children, or to be "that" much older than the wife?