Newbie Here

  • deanac24
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2007
      Hi I am new to the group. My name is Deana and I am also new to the
      whole world of genealogy. It seems a bit overwhelming at first. I am
      adopted so this seems to be making things more difficult for me. I
      hope to get some great ideas from all of you.

      Deana
    • deanac24
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
        My name is Deana and I am new to Geneology and new to this group.
        I having been trying my hand at my family tree but I am adopted
        so it makes it tough at times. I am hoping to get some great ideas
        from everyone here.

        Deana
      • Keri
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
          Hey! Im a fellow Adoptee.
          Which family side are you researching? Adopted or Birthfamily? Im
          working on both. I know who my birthmother is and we get along pretty
          good!
          Let us know what family line you are looking for and we will try to
          help ya.

          Keri

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "deanac24"
          <deanac24@...> wrote:

          > My name is Deana and I am new to Geneology and new to this group.
          > I having been trying my hand at my family tree but I am adopted
          > so it makes it tough at times. I am hoping to get some great ideas
          > from everyone here.
          >
          > Deana

        • Phil D'Antona
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 10, 2007
            Hi Deana,

            Good luck with your search!

            So much of a beginner's time is best spent going directly to
            the "primary" sources in your life (parents, grandparents, etc.) for
            information to "jump start" the search, that I can imagne
            it will be a bit harder for you.

            But that doesn't mean it can't be done!

            What kinds of searching have you done thus far?

          • BranwynBreeze@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 31, 2007
              Greetings!!!

              I am Spanish/French in CA, as well. My family came from Mauleon in France
              and Esparza in Spain.

              Linda Castillo Valentino