9757Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re2: Inez Maude JOHNSON

  • Rebecca Betz-Festa
    Sep 22, 2006
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Rosemary Wofford
      <arbywofford@...> wrote:

      > Tom,
      > Yes I have a certified copy of the marriage certificate. I
      ordered it just for that reason, hoping it would have her parents
      names on the certificate. Only the minister and county judges names
      are there besides of course Inez Johnsons and Thaddeus W. Geigers.
      > .Thank you Tom for the help
      > Rosemary

      Hi Rosemary:

      I found out, at least in Philadelphia, PA, that the certified copy of
      the marriage license is the copy of the return that was filed by the
      minister/judge, and signed by the bride and groom, and any witnesses,
      after the ceremony has taken place. Also, in Pennsylvania, it is
      filed in the county where the marriage took place, which may or may
      not be the same place/county where the license was applied for.
      There is a separate marriage license application that has the
      information you are looking for. This was how I found out who my
      Grandfathers parents were. You may want to check with Sanford,
      Florida, and see if there is a separate marriage license application
      that you can get a copy of. Good luck with your search!

      Rebecca
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic