9696Re2: Inez Maude JOHNSON

  • Tom Knox
    Sep 11, 2006
      Rosemary -

      Do you have a copy of Inez' marriage certificate?
      Oftentimes, the marriage certificate would list the parents of the
      people getting married (to better-identify the people getting

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Rosemary Wofford
      <arbywofford@...> wrote:
      > Thank you Tom,
      > I would love to be able to find an existing church record. I
      have been told so many different stories on Inez, that it has made
      me so confused that I wanted so very much to have a birth record to
      prove her birth parents.
      > There are few surviving relatives to ask questions
      of...Onecousin , a grandchild of Inez, who lives in Indiana says
      Inez 's surname was JOHNSTON and that she was related to the General
      ALBERT SYDNEY JOHNSON who fought in the war between the states..This
      woman says she was very close to her grandmother INEZ and was told
      many stories of how courageous the general was...I think this was
      all a fairy tale. I have heard before of stories told of important
      people who were never related to the person telling the story, it
      all being a myth...
      > ..I have Inez's buial records which state her fathers name was
      George and mother UNKNOWN. This info was given by the son of INEZ .
      I really think the granddaughter and the son who gave the info
      didn't have any idea of her parents names.
      > The names you list below, Sidney and Lydia seem to me to be the
      true parents. and that her name was not spelled JOHNSTON, with a T.
      but Johnson . Now I must say that the son did spell her name without
      the T. and I have an article from the Covington News back in
      1889 ,the year she and Thaddeus were married, and it said that Miss
      Inez JOHNSON of Covington was leaving on the fast train to Sanford
      Florida to marry Thaddeus W. Geiger.... I also have a copy of her
      marriage certificate with her name again JOHNSON, so that gives me
      proof of the surname ....I would be delighted to have a copy of her
      birth certificate which would give me the correct parents names, and
      that was what I have tried so hard to obtain, but to no avail...
      > Can you understand why now after hearing my story I am so
      frustrated ....
      > Thank you so much for the info you sent.I will add this to my
      Family tree maker, and until something more sourceful comes along ,
      like a birth certificate, I will keep it this way
      > Many Regards
      > Rosemary
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic