9665Andersons of Ohio

  • walsh_family_reunion
    Sep 4, 2006
      Hey everyone. I'm new here. My name is Michele and I live in Ohio. I
      have lots of surnames to question but I'll start simple. My mother
      is Cheryl, her father, my grandfather, is Bruce Anderson. Bruce's
      father was Arthur Francis Anderson. Arthur had a brother named
      William Nicholas or Nicholas William Anderson. He was born May 9th,
      1882in Morgan County, McConnelsville, Ohio. HE is my brickwall. I've
      cracked my head so many times on this man.

      Ok so for sanity reasons, I'll call him William because all of the
      info I have found on him is either Will or William. Although my
      grandfather swears they called him Nick. In every obit I've seen
      where he is listed, he's listed as William. Even his marriage to his
      wife he is "Will".
      His father was Oliver Perry Anderson (b. June 1861 d. May 18th,
      1924) and his mother Sarah Elizabeth Spencer (b.11-1861 d. Oct.
      15th, 1932)
      William had a sister named Etta Mae (or May) Anderson-Hill (b. April
      1886 d.1983)(All of these people so far were born in Ohio, Morgan
      Co.)
      His brother (my great grandfather) Arthur was born March 9, 1899 and
      died Oct. 30, 1931.
      Information I have obtained recently:
      Source: MARRIAGE BOOK H Morgan Co, OH 1899-1904
      Book H o 345 No 688
      ANDERSON, Will age 21y on 9 May 1903. Born Morgan Co, OH
      Residence: Malta, Morgan Co, OH. Occupation: farmer
      Parents: Oliver ANDERSON & Sarah SPENCER
      Not previously married.

      SHERMAN, Addie 20y on 10 June 1903 b. Morgan Co., OH
      Residence: McConnelsville. Occ: housekeeper.
      Parents: John CHUFFY & Annie SHERMAN
      Not previously married.
      MARRIED: 12 Sep 1903 by Geo H. BLACK, J.P.

      15 June 1900 census McConnelsville, Morgan Twp, Morgan Co, OH
      MOODY, Andrew, head of house, age 45 b. Apr 1855 Wisconsin, both
      parents b. OH. Works in some kind of foundry.
      Annie [could this be Annie SHERMAN, mother of Addie SHERMAN who
      married Will ANDERSON?] wife, 36y, b. Dec 1863, married for 12y,
      mother of 3/2 living. Born OH. Both parents b. OH.
      Clay, son, 8y b. March 1882 (sic)-[should probably read 1892]. Born
      OH. Father WI. Mother b. OH. At school.
      SHERMAN, Ada [could this be Addie?], daughter, 17y, b. June 1882,
      single. Born OH. Both parents b. OH. Housework.

      Morgan Co Marriages 1878-1889, pg. 28:
      MOODY, A.J. & Hattie WILSON m. 20 Feb 1883 by A. SIMON, JP
      MOODY, A.J. & Cunency (!) SHERMAN m. 21 Jan 1888 by J.O. SEYON, JP
      **Cunency? Could this be Annie's first name? I would have dismissed
      this info until I read about Clay Moody following:

      Morgan Co Births Book 2- 1884-1904
      Clay MOODY b. 21 March 1892 McConnelsville. Parents: A.J. MOODY &
      Cuyaency SHERMAN

      These are other misc. Anderson/Allie's that I have found.
      Morgan Co Obit Abstracts, pg. 194
      MOODY, Allie Jane ANDERSON 87y b. 1897 d. 1984. Cemetery:
      Greenwood, Zanesville, OH.
      Pg. 195
      MOORE, Allie ANDERSON 82y b. 1861 d. 1943. Cemetery: McConnelsville

      If anyone has ANY information or if I have left out anything that
      you need concerning this, please write me here or at
      walsh_family_reunion@...

      Thank you!!
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic