9656Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Simons-Nasiatka-Czarnecki-Yaple-Flanders-Smith

  • kate
    Aug 31, 2006
      Hi Randy-

      Do you any specific folks you were searching for, with dates and possibly counties where they might have lived? I'm happy to help if I know where to start. :) What resources have you used to do your research?

      Kate

      uft36 <uft36@...> wrote: Hi, Eveyone!!
      I am new to this group and I am researching my family in the New
      England and New york areas. My father's side is Lituanian-Polish and
      my mom's side is Dutch-French-English. Both sides of my family settled
      in Western Massachusetts area. I am looking for any information on
      these names: Simons, Nasiatka, Czarnecki on my dad's side and Yaple,
      Flanders, Smith's on my mom's side. I have found some information on
      Yaple and Flanders but I am having some trouble with my dad's side.
      Simons was Americanized from possibly Simonovitch and is Lithuanian
      and Nasiatka and Czarnecki is Polish. Every Yaple is related and I
      believe all the Flanders are also related. The Smith side is from New
      Hampshire and the Yaple side is from New York. I am having a hard time
      finding any information on Lithuanians and Polish families in Western
      Mass and Northern Conn. These are large groups in Western Mass so I am
      surprised that there is not much more information on them that I could
      find.
      Anyway, if any one can help me out I would appreciate it.
      Thanks.
      Randy Simons
      Elk City, Ok