9377Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Regarding the 4th(2nd?) of July

  • Ron Lahav
    Jul 4, 2006
      Hello Dee,

      Her real birthday, which falls in April; her official
      birthady, which falls in June and is celebrated by the
      Trooping of the Colour; and her third birthday, which
      is a one-off since she turned 80 this year, which was
      celebrated at Buck House (Buckingham Palace) a
      fortnight ago when 2000 children agedfrom 6 to 14 were
      invited to a huge party in the Palace Gardens, whith a
      Pantomime (something you don';t have in the States)
      featuring characters from British children's
      literature iver the cenbturies, plAyed by popular
      British tv personalities. Next year she will revert to
      only her actual birthday and her official birthday.

      Ron in Geordieland

      --- Dee <donna_lee777@...> wrote:

      > Ok I have to ask - how did the Queen have 3
      > birthdays
      > this year??
      > Thanks,
      > dee
      > --- Ron Lahav wrote:
      > {snippet}
      > Some of you Americans may not know this, but there
      > is no national independence day in the UK...
      > We have no national festival for the Union; the
      > Sovereign's Official Birthday (even though this year
      > the Queen has had three birthdays!) is not
      > celebrated
      > by most people, and even Armistice Day in November
      > is
      > more a festival of remembrance than a celebration of
      > unity.

      Do You Yahoo!?