9176Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: How Far Back ... ???

  • Ron Lahav
    Jun 8, 2006
      Hello Susan,

      Eyre is a very famous aristoicratic family in the UK.
      Not only did they found a very large publishing house
      which existed until the 1960s. Also, Sir Eyre Coote
      was an extremely brutal governor of Jamaica during the
      19th Century; Tony Figueroa can probably tell you more
      about him. Then of course there is Jane Eyre, but she
      was a fictional character.

      Hope this helps.

      Ron in Geordieland

      http://mail.yahoo.com