9087Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Frederick Gobat

  • Vicki
    May 20, 2006
      Are you close to a library that would have Ancestry? they have a
      section on immigration but I am not sure to what extent it is. I would
      look in there for you, but I don't have mine anymore. Also, you might
      check out a series of books called "Germans to America".{Germans to
      America: Lists of Passengers Arriving at U.S. Ports 1850-1897, 1840s}.
      Since you know the date you might find him listed in there. I know he
      was born in Switzerland, but I believe there are more then Germans
      listed in the books. For both of those things you might have to travel
      to a larger library, but you might be able to have someone do a
      look-up at the library if they have that set of books instead of going
      in person. It helps having the date and name. Is it possible to
      contact the person who you got the information from and see where they
      got it?

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, cag <go1bie@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for replying. I am seeking the name of the ship that
      Frederick August Gobat came to the US from Switzerland on. I do not
      know the port he left from. The information I have is that he landed
      in NYC on June 7 1851. He was born in Swiitzerland on February 6
      1831. He is my great great grandfather. Thank you in advance for any
      help on the ship name. Carol G Hughes