9084Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Frederick Gobat

  • Ron Lahav
    May 18, 2006
      Hello Carol,

      If you have records which tell you where Frederick
      August Gobat landed in 1851 that should also tell you
      the name of his ship. Also, in which Swiss canton was
      he born? You should be able to get cantonal records
      quite easily, as Switzerland has not been involved in
      any wars since 1815 and consequently all Swiss records
      have not been subject to destruction through wartime
      damage, as was the case with the records of many other
      European countries.

      Hope this helps.

      Ron in Geordieland
      --- cag <go1bie@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for replying. I am seeking the name of
      > the ship that Frederick August Gobat came to the US
      > from Switzerland on. I do not know the port he left
      > from. The information I have is that he landed in
      > NYC on June 7 1851. He was born in Swiitzerland on
      > February 6 1831. He is my great great grandfather.
      > Thank you in advance for any help on the ship name.
      > Carol G Hughes
      >

      > Carol

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com