8509Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Web Hosting Genealogy Sites

  • Heidi Graf
    Dec 28, 2005
      www.tribalpages.com is a very good site.

      I own the domain www.familybranches.net and have my redirected it to my www.tribalpages.com site. You all can go and check it out if you wish... you never know, you may find some names there that match your family trees.

      Tribal pages offers the ability to password protect your site if you wanted to keep living individuals out in the open on your site. You also have the ability to hide the living individuals names and/or vital date information. In addition, it accepts GEDCOM files as uploads as well as photos! You can also allow other individuals to log in and update the site as they please -- you just need to give them the password to edit. I think you can set separate passwords too, but I'm not too sure about this since I've never given my edit password out.

      They offer a free package as well as a paid package. I purchased the paid annual package, which gives a bit more storage space and a few more features.

      Let me know what you think of my site, and of Tribal Pages in general! I think it's great! :-)

      Dan <drl711@...> wrote:
      Can anyone recommend a good genealogy hosting site. It must be fully
      interactive to allow my relatives to log in and enter their family data.

      I think I have given up on the idea of doing all the data myself.

      Each family will be responsible for their own info.

      Any recommendations for sites ??

      Yahoo! Photos