8447Ernest P. Bayne Family

  • Tamela Jernigan
    Dec 13, 2005
      Hi Group,
      I am looking for any info on this family.
      Ernest P. Bayne Born September 9,1881, Henderson County N.C.
      Father E. F. Bayne
      Mother unknown

      Ernest was married twice. I do not know the first wife's name, but
      they had four children.
      Jesse Rhodes Bayne
      Columbus Bayn
      Sherman Bayne
      Praylo Bayne

      Ernest second wife was Selena Messer born December 12, 1906 in Cocke
      County,Tenn. She was murdered on November 1,1942 Mud Pond section of
      Travelers Rest, S.C. The Mud Pond was a beer joint that Ernest Bayne
      owned and opperated. The news paper said that the stepson, Jesse
      Rhodes Bayne lived with Ernest and Selena. It said Jesse shot Selena
      twice, once in the neck and once in the jaw, which blow half of her
      face off. Then he turned the gun on himself, and shot himself in the
      head.
      I have lots of questions about this. Selena did not die instanly
      and was taken to the hospital until two days later by her brothers.
      She latered died at Greenville General Hospital, due to blood lost.

      Any help or info would be appricated.

      Thank you.
      Tammy Jernigan
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic