      Van: Tina Stedman
      Datum: 09/30/05 16:46:38
      Aan: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Onderwerp: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Schouw/Ruiter

      The best place on the planet to look for info on the Netherlands is

      http://www.geneaknowhow.net/digi/resources.html

      The site is in Dutch so you will need to use it with a translator but
      as soon as you figure out some Dutch words, it does get alot easier.

      A search of the GenLias site ( http://www2.tresoar.nl/genlias/zoek.php
      ) gave me this information. My Dutch is not great but I did my best
      to translate what I know. If you are searching Dutch relatives, this
      site is great and has a wonderful search engine. You also need to
      learn naming patterns because they named their children in a specfic
      order depending on gender. They would also reuse a name if the child
      died.

      This is only a guess on the info that you gave me but it at least
      would be a start. Dutch records are very precise and often include
      parents names including maiden name. Good Luck and I hope this helps.

      Tina

      Bron Burgerlijke stand - Huwelijk (Bruidegom)
      Archieflocatie Het Utrechts Archief (City of Utrechts Archives)
      Algemeen Toegangnr : 481
      Inventarisnr : 1003
      Gemeente : Wijk bij Duurstede (I think this is where the marriage
      took place)
      Soort akte : Huwelijksakte
      Aktenummer : 14
      Datum (Date) : 30-11-1871
      Bruidegom (groom) Johannes van der Schouw
      Geboortedatum:
      Leeftijd: 41
      Geboorteplaats: Wijk bij Duurstede (I think this is where he was
      born)
      Bruid (Bride) Johanna de Ruiter
      Geboortedatum:
      Leeftijd: 41
      Geboorteplaats: Wijk bij Duurstede (I think this is where she was
      born)
      Vader Bruidegom Johannes van der Schouw (father of groom)
      Moeder Bruidegom Aaltje van Leur (mother of groom)
      Vader Bruid Jacobus de Ruiter (father of bride)
      Moeder Bruid Petronella Voskuil (mother of bride)
      Nadere informatie

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "ramretsok2001"
      <M_C_Koster@h...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm looking for a marriage between Dirk Schouw (born in Enkhuizen
      the
      > Netherlands) and Johanna (de) Ruiter probably born in Medemblik
      (the
      > Netherlands).
      > They had a child (Jan) baptized on May 11, 1884 in Detroit Michigan.
      > Who can and/or is willing to help me?
      >
      > Mar Koster.

      Genealogy research Genealogy family tree Genealogy information

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS