Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

7443Re: [Genealogy Research Club] missing grandfather

Expand Messages
  • tasanfo@aol.com
    Jul 18, 2004
      Another thing you can try is contact social security in writing and have them
      pull your mothers original social security application with her parents names
      on it. Then you can also write the dept of the marines and ask for your
      grandfathers military file....also you can request from social security the
      oirginal application for your grandfather the will do a search without the ss# but
      it takes longer so thats why i'm suggesting your moms even if you dont have
      her social you still have her parents names and it will be easier for them to
      locate the record. it will show parents names including mothers madien name.
      the dept of the marines is very slow and you may have to contact your local
      congressman or senator in order to get the matter rushed a litle bit. but it
      will be worth the work.....there is a fee for ss to do the search i believe w/
      ss# 27.00 w/o 29.00 but i would verify that to make sure the price hasn't
      gone up...if you hear back from ss# first on your grandfather ss# then that will
      also make the search for his military file faster.....as far as i know that
      search is free....sorry it took so long to get back to you but i had to think
      back on what i did in a similar situation with a missing uncle...its been a
      while since i've done an intensive search like that..hope this helps if you have
      any other questions about using these resources u can email me direct at

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic