7216Re: hale family

  • Rebecca Betz-Festa
    Mar 9, 2004
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dlhale57"
      <dlhale57@y...> wrote:
      > i am researching the HALE family from Floyd co. kentucky. my dads
      > name was Evert Hale dob 10-12-1920-dod 12-01-2000. my grandfathers
      > name was Benjamin Hale i have no dates of birth or date of death.
      any
      > help would be appreciated.

      1930 US Federal Census
      State of Kentucky
      County of Floyd
      Township of Buck Eye
      Dated April 03, 1930
      Enumeration District 36-7
      Supervisors District 8
      Sheet 1-A (stamped number 215)
      Simon Allen, Enumerator

      House #6/Family #6

      B.B. Hale – Head – Own - $750 – Yes – Male –
      White – Age 39 –
      Married – married age 21 – no – yes – Kentucky –
      Kentucky – Kentucky –
      yes – farmer – truck farm – employed yes – veteran no

      Ruth – Wife – female – white – age 32 – Married
      – married age 15 –
      no – yes – Kentucky – Kentucky – Kentucky

      Nancy – daughter – female – white – age 15 –
      single – Kentucky –
      Kentucky – Kentucky

      Helen – daughter – female – white – age 11 –
      single – Kentucky –
      Kentucky - Kentucky

      Evert - son – male – white – age 9 – single –
      Kentucky – Kentucky –
      Kentucky

      Going by the above information, B.B. (Benjamin) would have been born
      in 1891. I found one Benjamin Hale in the S.S.D.I. that fits this
      birth year:

      Name: Benjamin Hale
      S.S. #: 225-52-1323
      Last Residence: Virginia
      Born: 21 July 1891
      Died: May 1965
      State (Year) SS # Issued: Virginia (1956 and 1957)

      You can send for a copy of the SS application, it should have his
      parents names, including mothers maiden name, on it.

      Also, on ancestry.com the following two people have your Evert Hale
      in their family tree. You might want to try e-mailing them.

      Linda Jarrells (randljarrels@...)

      Patrick Steele (patrick1@...)
      on his tree he has Benjamin Hale married Ruth Click.

      Hope this is of some help.

      Rebecca
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic