6986Schreifels

  • Nicole
    Oct 1, 2003
      Hello Everyone,

      I wanted to see if somone could help...
      I am researching Schreifels from Mettendorf, Breuben, Rhineland,
      Preussen, Germany.
      I have this family.

      Johann Schreifels b. 12 April 1812
      M. Margaretha Muller b. 14 June 1811
      c.
      Nicholaus b. 1837
      Nikolaus b. 1840
      Mathias b. 1843
      Maria Susana b. 1847
      Katherina b. 1849
      Katherina b. 1851
      Johann b. 1854
      Barbara b. abt 1855

      Now I have found the eldest son Nicholaus..here So he was the first
      to come to America and came by himself.
      Passenger and Immagration lists Index (PILI)
      Immigrant: Schreifels, Nic
      Age:18
      Location: Port uncertain
      Year: 1855
      Publication: HALL, CHARLES M., and HERITAGE INTERNATIONAL. The
      antwerp Emigration Index. Salt Lake City: Heritage International,
      1979. 91p.
      Page Number:70
      Document Type: Immigrant Record
      Source: Passenger and Immigration Lists Index

      Then Thank You to Jean I now have....

      Catharine Schreifels, age 6, female child
      Catharine, age 7, female child
      Johann, age 34, male, farmer
      Johann, age 5 months, male, infant
      Mathias, age 12, male, farmer
      last residence, germany
      date of arrival, Nov. 17, 1856
      final destination, USA
      ship's name: Fanny Holmes
      Captain's Name: G.H. Smith
      manifest ID#  00008782
      port of embarkation, Marseilles
      Mode of travel, steerage

      But I am still left to figure out when the Mother Margaretha Muller
      along with 3 of the other children came to America. The second eldest
      son Nikolaus, Maria Susanna, Barbra.

      Was it common for a family to split up so much?I would appreciate any
      help. Need any help from Virginia feel free to e-mail me at
      Marine_wife11299@...

      Nicole Trost

      Proud USMC Wife!

      Addicted To Genealogy! Researching (SCHREIFELS, EICHERS, EVANS,
      TROST, LANTAFF, JACKSON)