6844Help for New Member?

  • Kimbie
    Jul 12, 2003
      Hi Everyone :)

      I'm new to this site and I`ve just started looking in my family
      history and I really don't know anything about Genealogy or how to go
      about gathering information, other than what I get from my family
      (which isn't much, dont have any records I know of).

      I'm trying to hunt down information on Captain Blood, and his brother
      (He's my Great Grandfather 6 times removed) and also hunting down our
      family name of Lyall (back to Scotland) and Marsinski (back to
      Polish). But finding that rather difficult.

      If anyone has any tips or advice on how you go about this sort of
      research, I'd be greatly appreciated :)

      Thanks!

      ~Kimba
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic