6843Nebraska Relatives

  • Linda Urban
    Jul 13, 2003
      Searching for any information concerning those mentioned
      surnames for the following individuals. Thank you for any
      information you may be able to provide. I have had problems getting
      information from family members of my husbands. Seems they want to
      be the "caretakers" and not willing to share any of it...so I am
      taking the bull by the horns and doing my own search.

      Jacob (Jake) RUGER (1857-1937) formerly of Keya Paya and Cedar
      Counties of NE. Was told he was a stowaway on a ship from Germany.
      Do not have any information concerning his parents or where he came
      from except that he was born in Russia. First wife, Minnie (maiden
      name and dates unknown) died either during or after childbirth with
      daughter Cora. Then married a Laura M. (01/19/1873-1972), maiden
      name unknown and had 5 more children. Both died and buried in
      Coleridge, NE.

      Joseph BRACHT (04/12/1864-12/27/1937)married to Franziska SCHONEBERG
      (12/26/1873-12/11/1924) and had 8 children. Settled in the
      Hartington, NE area where both are buried. Have no knowledge of
      either parents or background. Franziska came to USA aboard SS
      Southwark arriving in NY on 09/23/1896 with intended destination of
      Hartington, NE. Knowledge of only 4 of their children.

      Franz SCHONEBERG, headstone found in a Hartington Cemetary with
      following dates 01/26/1839-09/10/1906. Would like to know if this
      man is related to Franziska? Any information would be helpful.

      Daughter of Jacob/Minnie RURGER named Cora (1888-3/1969) married a
      Bert Rubin REYNOLDS (1880-?)having around 10 children including a
      daughter named Pearl May born in Crofton, NE. Settled around
      Neligh, NE. I was told that Bert was a law officer. Have no
      knowledge of other children names or dates.

      Thanks again for any help you may be able to provide.