6640Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: How to trace my grandfather's family

  • Forrest G. Plumstead
    Feb 4, 2003
      I agree, also check that state's archive site to see if they have an
      uncertified photostat copy. Most states do not charge for these and may
      just ask for a SASE. I know I have to pay California $13.00 for a death
      certificate there which is certified, but Illinois is free for
      uncertified it just takes 20 lifetimes to get it. I'm still waiting and
      it's been months.

      ><>Forrest Plumstead<><
      "I don't believe I'll ever see,
      A finished genealogy!"
      (Except the Bible.)

      On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:37:59 -0800 (PST) Norm Vine <norm7992@...>
      writes:

      You gave birth and death dates but not their locations. If you know where
      someone was born or died you can often get a copy of the birth or death
      certificate, These documents will have other information on them such as
      parents names and spouses names etc. You have to go one step at a time
      building on each new piece of information that you get.
      Hope this helps, Norm
      Ann <ann_on_line@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to trace my grandfather's
      family. I know the following information: Name: John Stotts. Burial
      location: Mt. Olive Cemetery, Shelby County, Texas. Year of birth:
      1876. Year of death: 1921. Wife's name: Mina Prince. Date married:
      08-27-1900.

      I have sent a check to the Social Security Administration for a copy of
      my father's Social Security application in the hope that it will give me
      a middle name for my grandfather.

      I have searched the internet and printed out a list of the other Stotts
      buried, married in the area, born in the area, and on the censuses in the
      area. I do not yet know what to do with this information.

      I have posted messages seeking information on multiple internet bulletin
      boards. So far, I have not received a response.

      Does anyone have any tips?

      Sincerely,

      Ann Nix

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT