6638Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: How to trace my grandfather's family

  • Norm Vine
    Feb 4, 2003
      You gave birth and death dates but not their locations. If you know where someone was born or died you can often get a copy of the birth or death certificate, These documents will have other information on them such as parents names and spouses names etc. You have to go one step at a time building on each new piece of information that you get.
      Hope this helps, Norm
      Ann <ann_on_line@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to trace my grandfather's family. I know the following information: Name: John Stotts. Burial location: Mt. Olive Cemetery, Shelby County, Texas. Year of birth: 1876. Year of death: 1921. Wife's name: Mina Prince. Date married: 08-27-1900.

      I have sent a check to the Social Security Administration for a copy of my father's Social Security application in the hope that it will give me a middle name for my grandfather.

      I have searched the internet and printed out a list of the other Stotts buried, married in the area, born in the area, and on the censuses in the area. I do not yet know what to do with this information.

      I have posted messages seeking information on multiple internet bulletin boards. So far, I have not received a response.

      Does anyone have any tips?

      Sincerely,

      Ann Nix

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT