Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

15739Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: How to get first names for recent ancestors

Expand Messages
  • Dora Moore
    Apr 15, 2014
      They should be available if you know the county where the event took place.  However, I have not been able to find the marriage of my Mom and Dad even though I have the actual certificate.  It is my understanding that sometimes the justice of the peace, or the preacher in my folks' case, did not file the appropriate paperwork.

      You might try familysearch.org.  It is a free site managed by the Mormon Church and they have lots of information.  I have never been contacted by them about joining the church even though I have requested microfilms of records to be sent to the Mormon Church here in Montana so I could review them.

      Good luck.  


      On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:19 AM, Sillver Silver <sillver9@...> wrote:
      As I may have posted, the children were born before 1940. Are marriage licenses and birth records public information?

      On Mon, 4/14/14, BJSwan@... <BJSwan@...> wrote:

      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: How to get first names for recent ancestors
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, April 14, 2014, 2:31 PM


      some suggestions:
      Can you use the children's names to find the
      family in the 1940 census?
      Check either child's marriage licence.Check
      either child's birth record.
      If you can post more
      information, maybe others would have more suggestions.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic