15738Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Finding Paid Help

  • Kelley FOSTER
    Apr 15, 2014
      check into a lds family history center.  they are all over the place.  the website is familysearch.org  theres a way you can search for a center in your area.

      (Fair warning i cant seem to fix my signature.  the more i try the messier it gets.  i hope you are still able to read it tho)

      heres some useful free sites i visit regularly.

      usgenweb.org
      arkansasgravestones.org (theres a _____gravestones.org site for nearly every state)
      familysearch.org (lds website)
      boards.ancestry.com
      billiongraves.com
      findagrave.com     Rootzseeker (#47162218)
      censusfinder.com
      genforum.com

      for those of you that do the facebook i have a genealogy group called
      Genealogy Gurus and Grave Hunters
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/431100526960426/
      i can do local look-ups censuses, cemeteries, gravestones, obits, anything else i can dig up.
      On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:50 PM, Sillver Silver <sillver9@...> wrote:

      Could anyone tell me how to find research help for New York City? I need something looked up in the City archives - they can only be searched in person. Where do I go to find someone who does this type of research for others? Any idea what it costs? Are there independent researchers who might be more affordable than a professional genealogist?

      Thanks very much.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic