15658Re: Ancestry dot com look up help please? Hendrick SELLEN

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Apr 2 10:45 AM
      > (#2)
      > American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) Record
      > Reference, Dictionaries & Almanacs Name: Hendrick Sellen

      American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI)
      Name: Hendrick Sellen
      Volume: 156
      Page Number: 97
      Reference: Strassburger fam. And allied fams. Of Pa; Jacob And. Strassburger, of Montgomery co. Pa. By Ralph Beaver Strassburger. Gwynedd Valley, Pa. 1922. (520p.): 387, 397

      I'm not sure if this is the same person -

      Pennsylvania Founding Families, 1681-1911
      Colonial and Revolutionary Families of Pennsylvania, Volumes I-III; Tyson Family
      Matthias Tyson, eldest son of Cornelius and Margaret, was born in Crefeld and accompanied his parents to Pennsylvania. He married Barbara Sellen, daughter of HENDRICK SELLEN, another native of Crefeld, and original settler of Germantown, and one of the first trustees of the First Mennonite church of Germantown. Some years after his arrival in Pennsylvania, he made a trip back to Crefeld, and returned to Pennsylvania, thus crossing the ocean three times. A paper dated 1706, containing his signature, is in possession of Hon. Samuel W. Pennypacker, who is a descendant, through Matthias Tyson's daughter Margaret, who married Jacob Pannebecker. Hendrick Sellen left four children, Jacob, a "shopkeeper" of Worcester township, who died without issue in 1759, leaving a legacy to the poor of the Mennonite congregation at "Perkyomie & Skepack;" John; Barbara, the wife of Matthias Tyson, and Elizabeth, the wife of Arnold Van Fossen.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "findingmyself" <bakerhen@...> wrote:

      > Could someone be so kind as to help me with these look ups?
      >
      > Thank you in advance.
      >
      > Marsha
      >
      > (#1)
      > Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s Record
      > Immigration & Travel Name: Hendrick Sellen
      > Arrival: year in location
      >
      > (#2)
      > American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) Record
      > Reference, Dictionaries & Almanacs Name: Hendrick Sellen

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic