15654Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Children's Home Society of Ohio

  • Lois Lane
    Mar 26, 2013
      I also had heard about the Orphan Train and I thought they took kids to
      Jamestown, NY or something. I will have to find the papers I had on that.
      There was a person that was a speaker at a Historian's meeting that spoke
      about it.

      On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Dora <montanadam1@...> wrote:

      > **
      > I am trying to find records of children housed at the Children's Home
      > Society of Ohio located at 34, 38 or 40 West 1st Avenue in Columbus, Ohio.
      > And, trying to confirm information about an "orphan train" that took
      > children from an orphanage in Columbus and took them to the
      > Napoleon/Malinta, Ohio area and just dropped them off. This would have been
      > sometime between 1905-1920. I don't know what my dad's birth name was, who
      > his parents were, or where he was born in Ohio.
      > Thanks
      > Dora

      Lois J Lane
      Franklinville, NY