15645Need info on SCHLOENDORF's in Polk County, Fanny Township, Minnesota

  • number_1_genealogist
    Mar 23, 2013
      I am looking for any death, obituary and burial information for Frederick Schloendorf and Dorthea (Schmekpeper) Schloendorf. The focus area is Polk County, Minnesota. Likely cemetery location would be Fanny Township.

      Here is what I know of the family.

      From a Minnesota Death Card, I found:
      Frederick Schloendorf was born in Germany and lived in Polk County, Fanny Township, Minnesota until he died on January 28th, 1906 at the age of 74. His parents were Fred Schloendorf and Maria Asendorf, both born in Germany.

      From the 1900 U.S. Census I know:
      Richard (shown as "Dick") was listed as the head of the household. Frederick Schloendorf was married to Dorthea (presume born in Germany), who was 62 at the time. They had been married for 42 years (estimated marriage date of 1858). They had immigrated in 1894. Two daughters, Magdalena (age 28) and Anna (age 17) were still at home.

      From the "United States. Germans to America Index, 1850-1897", I know:
      Frederick Schloendorf arrived in the Port of New York on September 19th, 1893. He arrived aboard the Darmstadt out of Bremen, Germany. His destination was listed as Chicago.

      From the MOMS database, I know the following:
      The son of Frederich Schloendorf, Richard ("Diedrich") Schloendorf, was married to Olga Hoffos in Polk County on September 5th, 1905. (Olga Hoffos was from Pope County.)

      From a Minnesota Birth Record, I know:
      John Richard Schloendorf was born on March 28th, 1908 in Fanny Township, Polk County, Minnesota, to Richard Schloendorf (age 38, born Germany) and Olga Hoffos (age 23, born Minnesota). At the time the number of children was listed as 2 "by this mother". So, it seems that John Richard had an older sibling for whom I don't have a name.

      I know from the Canadian Census that Richard and Olga left for Canada in about 1909.

      From the "Montana, County Marriages, 1865 -1950", I know:
      Anna M. Schloendorf (age 30, born Germany) married Swan Munson (age 31, born in Nebraska) on July 3rd, 1918, in Lewistown, Fergus County, Montana. Here parents are listed as Frederick Schloendorf and Dorthea Schmekpeper. His parents were John Munson and Katherine Fenning.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic