15619Milton? shoe factory

  • Pam Hedden
    Jan 9, 2013
      My great grandparents Thomas and Jane Bilson worked in a shoe factory that they said was in Milton. The factory may have been built 1905ish. We haven't been able to locate any reference to a Milton shoe factory but did find one in Perth. Anyway . . . when they left the factory sometime during the 1910s they were presented with a beautiful Tiffany lamp which remains in the family.

      Questions:

      Any idea about possible name or location for shoe factory?
      Names of local newspapers?
      Looking for any kind of written information such as newspaper story, factory photos, etc.

      Hope someone can help.

      See ya
      Pam

      My paper piecings: http://www.facebook.com/PaperPiecings