15503Re: HI guys! need advice plz : "creek/cherokee roll"

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Oct 23, 2012
      > I found a handwritten note that reads Madison Thompson creek/cherokee roll #... I can't find info on this and I'm not sure what to make of it.

      I would interpret that as :
      (name) Madison Thompson
      (tribes) Creek / Cherokee
      (Dawes Roll #) roll #...
      (or some other official Roll of Tribal Names, like census rolls)

      You can research the Dawes Rolls: "The Final Rolls of the Citizens and Freedmen of the Five Civilized Tribes in Indian Territory".

      Do you have an ancestor or relative named "Madison Thompson"?

      - Tom K

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "shannon.allen1234" <sendshannonstuff@...> wrote:

      > Hey fellow researchers,
      >
      > I'm new to this world and very much need a few pointers. I've gotten stuck. I have used ancestry.com and findagrave.com as well as the archives.com
      >
      > (i've jumped around in my tree as I've accidently come across a few tidbits in my library's records)
      >
      > I am VERY interested in Mrs. Anna P Bowen-Hufstedler 1885-1908 d. in Randolph Co AR. wife of WW Hufstedler.
      > ALSO: James Calvin Cannon of Green County AR d. 1900.
      >
      > Other surnames:
      > Bowen. Hufstelder/Hochstettler. Pyland. Moore. Trautmann.
      > Waymon/Wayman. McDaniel Hibbard/Hebbard Walker Robinson Hilton
      > Thompson. Dennis. Todd. Tidwell.
      >
      > I found a handwritten note that reads Madison Thompson creek/cherokee roll #... I can't find info on this and I'm not sure what to make of it.
      >
      > If you have these surnames in your tree or know where I might find info/have tips/links PLEASE
      > email me sendshannonstuff@...

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic