      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: robertgillis@...
      Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:04:32 -0400
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Paul Family Search...

      On 8/13/2012 12:03 AM, HermanP wrote:

      > I'm new on here so "Hello Everyone"...from the Missouri Ozarks,

      > Phelps Co. Missouri.

      > I've been searching for my Paul Family name for a few years now and

      > hit a wall, in KY...it went well until I got to (John Paul and wife

      > Susannah DeMoss), in Bracken Co. KY...John Paul was born abt

      > 1805+/-...he was my 2nd G Grandfather. One of his son's MY G

      > Grandfather, (James Paul was born 1835 in Bracken Co. KY.)...he and

      > his wife (Caroline (Leming) Paul), left KY. between 1870 and 1880,

      > they ended up in Lawrence Co. Ark., where they owned around 300 acres

      > of land near the Black River. James fought in the Civil War and was

      > wounded in the Battle of Opequan, Virginia, and never fully recovered

      > from his wounds. He died in 1884 there in Ark., and my G Grandmother

      > and their children came to Phelps Co. MO...and that's where I

      > sit...now I doubt that any of you have a magic wand, but I would

      > appreciate ANY HELP!...and if I can be of help for someone needing

      > info from here in Phelps Co. MO...I'd be glad to do it...

      What specific information are you looking for?

      I find no messages from you on the KYBRAKE or any other rootsweb list or

      the Bracken Message Board searching for you address, Paul and surname Paul

      On familysearch.org I found the marriage bond between John Paul and

      Sarah Demoss

      Get some genealogy book from your library system and try to find this one

      The family tree problem solver : tried-and-true tactics for tracing

      elusive ancestors

      by Rising, Marsha Hoffman, 1945-

      ... tactics for tracing elusive ancestors / Marsha Hoffman Rising. ...

      Publisher, Date: Cincinnati, Ohio : Family Tree Books, c2011.

      bob gillis