15437Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Hi all :)

  • bob gillis
    Aug 22, 2012
      On 8/21/2012 11:29 PM, Somebunny wrote:
      > ?I am also new to genealogy, I'm a little bit overwhelmed and also
      > frustrated.

      Get several recent books from your library system and read them

      If you do not have one get a genealogy data base program

      > Seems like every time I turn around I need to pay for another site
      > or they won't show you any information. I have also decided that
      > the Mormon with multiple wives are a pain :)

      Are you searching for LDS members? if not the polygamy practice should
      not affect you

      > I am located in Butte MT but also get to Missoula, Bozeman, Helena,
      > Dillon and Billings for work occasionally if any one needs anything
      > from those towns.

      I do all my work from home using mainly familysearch.org. Usually the
      transcription gives me the info I need If I need to see the image I ask
      for lookup on the rootsweb list for county. Many public libraries have
      Ancestry or Heritage Quest subscription

      You can view any record found on familysearch.org at a Family History
      The Butte FHC is at 1351 Mt Highland Dr BUTTE, MONTANA 59701 UNITED STATES

      bob gillis
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic