15432Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Census Question

  • bob gillis
    Aug 22, 2012
      On 8/21/2012 3:46 PM, Crystal P wrote:
      > I have a question regarding the census. I know there is no 1890
      > census, but what about an 1870 census. I need info for someone from
      > 1870 and didn't see one in FS.

      The US Federal Census were taken every 10 years since 1790. The 1890
      Census was lost in a fire circa 1920 before the sheets were filmed.
      Parts of a few states remained. There was a separate schedule for
      Veterans that survived.

      > Also, is there a place where I can find the year and then search the
      > census year individually. As in this case I found all that were
      > available for finding except for 1870.

      You can find people in the 1870 Census ; just enter their names, either
      exact or not Residence 1870-1870 and they should show up. did you find
      them in 1850 and 1880?

      Tell us the name/s of the people you are looking for and the state.

      bob gillis
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic