15260Re: more Cross Family (Ohio)

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Jun 1, 2012
      This confirms Eva's maiden name (SOUTH) -

      Ohio, Births and Christenings Index, 1800-1962 (Ancestry.com)
      Name: William Blair Cross
      Gender: Male - Race: White
      Birth Place: Turtlecreek, Warren, Ohio
      Birth Date: 21 Sep 1900
      Father's Name: Wm. Cross
      Mother's name: Eva South
      FHL Film Number: 384210
      =====
      Name: Raymond Cross
      Gender: Male - Race: White
      Birth Place: Union Township, Warren, Ohio
      Birth Date: 15 Feb 1884
      Father's Name: Wm. Cross
      Mother's name: Eva
      FHL Film Number: 384210

      Find-A-Grave
      Name: Ray Cross (1884 - 1958)
      http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=41008912
      Lebanon Cemetery - Lebanon, Warren, Ohio, USA
      Spouse: Allie M Cross (1884 - 1954)

      Find-A-Grave has Isaac & Elizabeth CROSS (from 1860-1870 censuses)
      in Plainview Cemetery, Newtonsville, Clermont, Ohio, USA
      (and probably some of the other buried CROSS are their children)
      http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSln=Cross&GSiman=1&GScid=42701&

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

      > > 1900 Turtle Creek, Warren, Ohio
      > > Cross, William/41:OH:OH:OH/b:Nov1858, Eva/36:OH:OH:OH/b:Sep1863,
      > > - married 18 yrs, 2children 2 living
      > > (), Ray/16, Earl/18
      > > 1910 Clear Creek, Warren, Ohio
      > > Cross, Eva S/46/divorced, Earl C/23, William B/9
      >
      > Another researcher of this family -
      > RootsWeb WorldConnect Family Tree
      > http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=johnmsouth1&id=I006693
      > Name: William Cross > Birth: NOV 1858
      > Marriage : Eva S. South b: SEP 1863 in Clermont co Ohio
      > Married: 20 MAR 1882 in Clermont co Ohio
      > Children > 1. Roy Cross b: 13 AUG 1884 in Clermont co Ohio
      > 2. Earl C. Cross b: 9 MAR 1887 in Clermont co Ohio
      > 3. William Blair Cross b: 12 JAN 1903 in Clermont co Ohio
      >
      > 1880 Jackson, Clermont, Ohio
      > Thomas M. South 38:OH:OH:OH
      > Mary South 37:OH:OH:OH
      > Eva S. South 16:OH:OH:OH
      > (), Perry F/14, Wesley W/13, William V/11, Malon C/10
      > (), Luelen R/8, Catherine L/4, Turpen D/2, Marcelus A/1
      >
      > Note that Clermont County is adjacent to Warren County (1900/1910 censuses)
      > http://www.ohgenweb.org/map.php
      >
      > Hmm - here is a WILLIAM CROSS of the right age in Clermont County -
      > 1870 Wayne (P.O. Goshen), Clermont, Ohio
      > Cross, Isaac D/47, Elizabeth/37, Hannah A/16, William/11,
      > (), John/9, Isaac/7, Celestia/4, Mary/9m
      > 1860 Wayne, Clermont, Ohio
      > Isaac Cross 30 carpenter (all are dittoed as born OHIO)
      > Elizabeth () 28
      > Hanna Alerres 6
      > Wm Cross 2
      >
      > - Tom Knox
      >
      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn <carcross02@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am trying to trace the ancestors of my paternal Grandfather Earl C. Cross he was born in Germantown, Montgomery County, Ohio in 1887. From what I have found through Ancestory.com his parents were William Cross born in 1858 and Eva Cross (maiden name not available) born in 1863. Both of his parents were born in Ohio and his father William was a farmer. He had an older brother Ray Cross or T Ray Cross, and a younger brother William. They lived in Warren, Ohio in 1900. The 1910 Census record shows only Eva, my Grandfather and his brother William living in Warren, Ohio. At this time my Great-Grandmother Eva worked as milliner and my Grandfather was a laborer. Nothing more on my Great-Grandfather or Great-Grandmother.
      > > Carolyn DeGroff
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic