15257Re: Ancestors for Cross Family (Ohio)

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    May 31, 2012
      > 1900 Turtle Creek, Warren, Ohio
      > Cross, William/41:OH:OH:OH/b:Nov1858, Eva/36:OH:OH:OH/b:Sep1863,
      > - married 18 yrs, 2children 2 living
      > (), Ray/16, Earl/18
      >
      > 1910 Clear Creek, Warren, Ohio
      > Cross, Eva S/46/divorced, Earl C/23, William B/9

      Another researcher of this family -

      RootsWeb WorldConnect Family Tree
      http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=johnmsouth1&id=I006693
      Name: William Cross
      Birth: NOV 1858
      Marriage : Eva S. South b: SEP 1863 in Clermont co Ohio
      Married: 20 MAR 1882 in Clermont co Ohio
      Children
      1. Roy Cross b: 13 AUG 1884 in Clermont co Ohio
      2. Earl C. Cross b: 9 MAR 1887 in Clermont co Ohio
      3. William Blair Cross b: 12 JAN 1903 in Clermont co Ohio

      1880 Jackson, Clermont, Ohio
      Thomas M. South 38:OH:OH:OH
      Mary South 37:OH:OH:OH
      Eva S. South 16:OH:OH:OH
      (), Perry F/14, Wesley W/13, William V/11, Malon C/10
      (), Luelen R/8, Catherine L/4, Turpen D/2, Marcelus A/1

      Note that Clermont County is adjacent to Warren County (1900/1910 censuses)
      http://www.ohgenweb.org/map.php

      Hmm -
      here is a WILLIAM CROSS of the right age in Clermont County -
      1870 Wayne (P.O. Goshen), Clermont, Ohio
      Cross, Isaac D/47, Elizabeth/37, Hannah A/16, William/11,
      (), John/9, Isaac/7, Celestia/4, Mary/9m

      1860 Wayne, Clermont, Ohio
      Isaac Cross 30 carpenter (all are dittoed as born OHIO)
      Elizabeth () 28
      Hanna Alerres 6
      Wm Cross 2

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn <carcross02@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to trace the ancestors of my paternal Grandfather Earl C. Cross he was born in Germantown, Montgomery County, Ohio in 1887. From what I have found through Ancestory.com his parents were William Cross born in 1858 and Eva Cross (maiden name not available) born in 1863. Both of his parents were born in Ohio and his father William was a farmer. He had an older brother Ray Cross or T Ray Cross, and a younger brother William. They lived in Warren, Ohio in 1900. The 1910 Census record shows only Eva, my Grandfather and his brother William living in Warren, Ohio. At this time my Great-Grandmother Eva worked as milliner and my Grandfather was a laborer. Nothing more on my Great-Grandfather or Great-Grandmother.
      > Carolyn DeGroff
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic