15151Re: Names Searching: RAYER, ...

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Apr 6, 2012
      > I don't know what other info to give you short of sending you
      > to the site I have my family tree on.

      That is PRECISELY the information that would be useful -
      because I presume that your family tree site gives the same information that you just summarized!

      I presume that you have these censuses -
      1900 Exeter, Fillmore, Nebraska - Henry Rayer
      1885 Exeter, Fillmore, Nebraska - William Royer
      1880 Exeter, Fillmore, Nebraska - William Rayer

      > Home in 1870: Logan, Dearborn, Indiana

      You also apparently have these 1870 censuses -

      1870 Rogers, Ford, Illinois (indexed as surname ROGERS)
      Royers, William/32:OH, Ann/35:Ire, John W/10:IN
      (), Andrew J/8:IN, James E/6:IN, Henry/2:IL, George C/4m:IL

      1870 Logan (P.O. Kelso), Dearborn, Indiana
      Reyer, William, 69, retired farmer, born Prussia
      (adjacent to household of)
      Reyer, Henry/37:Prussia, Mary/30:IN, Clara/11:IN, Edward/10:IN,
      (), Charles/8, Josephina/6, William/5, Adelbert/3, Robert/9m

      Going back one more census -

      1860 Logan, Dearborn, Indiana
      Rear, William/22:OH, Ann/27:Ire, John W/1m:IN
      (adjacent to household of)
      Rear, William/60:Prussia, Clarra/52:Hanover,
      (), Josephene/16:OH, Francis/11:OH

      Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941
      Name: Ann McNally
      Spouse Name: William Rayer
      Marriage Date: 17 Aug 1859 Dearborn County
      Source Title 1: Dearborn County Indiana
      Source Title 2: Marriages 1854 - 1869 Books 9 - 11
      Book: 9 - OS Page: 607

      And back one more census -
      1850 Kelso, Dearborn, Indiana
      Raw, William/50:Ger, Clara/42:Ger, Henry/17:Ger,
      (), William/12:OH, Sophira/8:OH, Josephena/5:OH, Frank F/1:OH
      NOTE: surname could also be read as RAIR
      NOTE: implied immigration date-range of 1833-1838

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Lynette Fowlston" <clynpnt@...> wrote:

      > I was trying to trace my ggg grandfather and the maternal lines and was wondering if anyone had come across the names I had listed.
      >
      > Here is what info I have on them
      >
      > Name: William Reyer
      > Age in 1870: 69
      > Birth Year: abt 1801
      > Birthplace: Prussia
      > Home in 1870: Logan, Dearborn, Indiana
      >
      > He was married to Clara Dela Cruze(Cruse).
      > Clara died in 1868 and William in 1872.
      >
      > both buried in Saint Johns Church Cemetery, Dover, Dearborn, IN
      > Note: last names mis-transcribed, listed as Bayer, should be Rayer.
      >
      > I have the info on both his son William and gson Henry except for their wives.
      > Williams wife is Ann McNally
      > Wm. Rayer 42, Head, OH-1838-?? Exeter Nebraska
      > Ann Rayer 38, Wife, Ireland- between 1842-1846 is all I can find
      > William Rayer married Ann McNally in 1859, in Dearborn County IN.
      >
      > Henry Rayer July 1868 Ill- 1945 Nebraska married to Catherine Dumpert-1873
      > ?? - 1937 Exeter Nebraska
      >
      > The Dumpert Line I have back to Franz and no further. Who I cannot find is the parents of Kunigunda Miller who is the mother of Catherine Dumpert.
      >
      > Working with a German Group and 3 different census we figured that Kate Dumpert and Catherine Dumpert were the same person and that her mother's name was Kunigunda(Townie)(Miller)Dumpert The dates I have on her are March 18, 1846 Bayern Baveria and Aug 26 ,1914 in Exeter Nebraska
      >
      > I don't know what other info to give you short of sending you to the site I have my family tree on.
      >
      > Lynn
      >
      > > .
      > >
      > > Miss Lynn - what specific information are you looking for,
      > > and what specific information do you already have,
      > > and for which specific people?

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic