15130Re: [Genealogy Research Club] New Here

  • bob gillis
    Mar 7, 2012
      On 3/5/2012 10:52 PM, Ann wrote:
      > 2) Ivar K Sandberg b-7/22/1882, Meloy, Helgeland, Norway d-1973,
      > Minnesota married to Marion Berrum on Oct 4, 1917, Wisconsin They had
      > 2 daughters and 3 sons. His parents are Anton P Kruger/Anton Pareli
      > Glad Pederson/Anton Parelie and Anne/Ane Isaacson.

      NOTE: I'm trying
      > to find any paper trail of Ivar between 1882-1902 and I would like to
      > find anything regarding his parents. I know that Ivar had a sister,
      > Pedra Antondatter. Ivar was also known as Iver Sandberg Antonsen.

      What are the sources for your information?

      When making an inquiry give all the applicable info you know like where
      they were married, Town and County.

      From Familysearch.org this may be he:

      New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924 f
      Surname: Sandberg
      Last Place of Residence: New York, America
      Date of Arrival: 08 Apr 1914
      Age at Arrival: 24y
      Ethnicity: Sweden
      Port of Departure: Christiania
      Port of Arrival: New York
      Gender: Male
      Marital Status: S
      US Citizen:
      Ship of Travel: Frederik VIII

      The more I look the less I think that the above is your Ivor; he could
      have entered the USA though another port besides NY; Boston,
      Philadelphia and Baltimore are probabilities; or even through Canada.

      However FS does not show an Ivor Sandb* in the 1900 or 1910 Census in
      NY that matches the PAR.

      You can also look for his arrival in the Ellis island Data base through
      http://www.stevemorse.org/ and look at the manifest image.
      I looked for Ivar arriving in 1914 Norwegian

      He and Marion and daughter Anna are in the 1920 Census:

      United States Census, 1920 for
      Name: Marion Sandberg
      Residence: , Grant, Minnesota
      Estimated Birth Year: 1888