15129Re: [Genealogy Research Club]Frederick Smiley/Rhoda Bishop was [brick wall ~]

  • bob gillis
    Mar 7, 2012
      On 1/26/2012 2:28 PM, D wrote:
      > Hello , I have been trying to find solid information on my
      > grandmother's grandfather on her mothers side for a yr now.
      His name was Frederick Alexander Smiley b. about 1834 we believe in
      Nelson Virgina

      What is your evidence for his birth and for his death?

      Have you looked on FS at the 83 births for Fred, 127 for Frederick and
      125 for F A in
      nelson, va checked 1830 -1835?

      d: 2 jan 1899 Pike co. kentucky.
      > We know he married Rhoda Ann Bishop

      from Kentucky Marriages on FS FS

      Groom's Name: F. A. Smilly
      Groom's Birth Date: 1833
      Groom's Birthplace:
      Groom's Age: 23
      Bride's Name: Rhoda Ann Bishop
      Bride's Birth Date: 1835
      Bride's Birthplace:
      Bride's Age: 21
      Marriage Date: 18 Sep 1856
      Marriage Place: Pike,Kentucky

      Where was Frederick is in 1880? Have you checked out the 93 Freds, 62
      Fredericks and 155 Fs in KY.

      Rhoda SMILEY Self M Female W 42 KY Keeps House
      VA KY
      Sarah SMILEY Dau S Female W 16 KY At Home KY VA
      Bell SMILEY Dau S Female W 4 KY KY VA

      is Wm. SMILEY Self S Male W 22 KY Farmer NC
      KY the eldest son?

      Census Place Lick Creek, Pike, Kentucky

      bob gillis
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic