15081Re: Albrecht/Borchers brothers

  • dawn
    Feb 7, 2012
      now you know why i have been confused!!! My mother had said Roland and Otto were brothers NOT Nellie and Otto
      Mom had said Otto and Roland were my grandmother's cousins but in FACT they were my grandmother's uncles
      Otto was a busy man "visiting" the girl cousins..
      Also had thought Otto died in WWII as a pilot but it seemms it was Adrian Borchers that died in an Air Craft

      Alos had thought Nellie, her husband Johannes,their 3 children,a servent and a housekeeper were the ONLY ones that were here in states til after 1910... that seems to be incorrect.... LOL
      Soo now I am more confused than before...LOL How could Nellie,Johannes and family come here to the states for the first time in 1910 if Nellie was here in states in 1900 census?? Wonder if there were 2 Nellie Albrecht like it seems like there were 2 Adian?

      Thank you for ALLLL your help!!

      I have looked for Otto as well but have found VERY little about him, welll guess I will keep digging. Kinda funny/sad side note my grandmother gave someone the family history book that was wrote in german......but she never got it back......:-( sure would make this huning Much easier if I had the book. Person who had it was never known......
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

      > Okay - now I think I get it -
      > something that you did not make clear previously -
      > the ALBRECHT brothers *ARE* the BORCHERS brothers;
      > or rather, step-brothers - -
      >
      > in short-form :
      > August Albrecht married Rose Louise Ashenfelter ca.1868;
      > August died 1874;
      > Rose Louise Ashenfelter Albrecht married Richard C Borchers ca.1876;
      > Rose Louise Ashenfelter Albrecht Borchers died 1888;
      > Richard C Borchers married Anna Albrecht (his step-daughter) 1890.
      > a regular soap opera! Complete with half-kin, step-kin,
      > name-changes, and a marriage to a step-daughter.
      > (Were there any adoptions as well?)
      >
      > And I had previously asked if you were confusing OTTO ALBRECHT
      > with the name that you were requesting of OTTO BORCHERS -
      > BUT THEY ARE ACTUALLY THE SAME PERSON !!! LOL !!!
      > In this transcript of 1880 census,
      > OTTO (born ALBRECHT) is shown with step-surname BORCHERS -
      >
      > 1880 Reading, Berks, Pennsylvania
      > Borchers, Richard/33:Brunswick:Brun:Brun, Rose/30:PA:PA:PA,
      > (), Hannah/10, Idalaid/9, Nellie/8, Otto/7, Carl/6, [are ALBRECHT]
      > (), Herbert/3, Frederick/3m/b:March [both BORCHERS]
      > Kate Stitzer / 17 / servant
      > NOTE: all children are labelled as born PA:PA:PA !!
      >
      > So - please correct me if I am wrong -
      > Roland Borchers is the son of Richard C Borchers and Anna Albrecht;
      > Otto Albrecht/Borchers is the son of August Albrecht & Rose Louise;
      > Anna Albrecht is the daughter of August Albrecht & Rose Louise;
      > since Otto and Anna are direct siblings,
      > then Otto is Roland's uncle;
      > and since Otto is Richard Borchers' stepson,
      > then Otto is also Roland's step-brother!
      > But more than just step-brothers, because they actually *do* share
      > some blood (some DNA) through Anna Albrecht Borchers.
      >
      > Whew!
      >
      > 1870 Philadelphia Ward 20 District 66, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      > Albrecht, August/31:Prussia, Rose/24:PA, Annie E/10m:PA/b:Aug(1869)
      >
      > This could be the young August Albrecht (age 21) -
      > 1860 Philadelphia Ward 17, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      > Albrecht, Herman/25:Germany, Georgiana/25:PA, [presumably married?]
      > (), Otto/21:Ger, August/21:Ger,
      > (), Antonio/3:PA, William/1:PA [presumably children of Herman?]
      > Elisa Broadwater / 37:VA
      > Jane Ovenhone / 12:PA
      >
      > And this could be his immigration -
      > New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
      > Name: August Albrecht
      > Arrival Date: 8 Nov 1858
      > Birth Year: abt 1839
      > Age: 19
      > Gender: Male
      > Place of Origin: Apenrade
      > Port of departure: Bremen, Germany
      > Destination: Philadelphia
      > Port of arrival: New York
      > Port Arrival State: New York
      > Port Arrival Country: United States
      > Ship Name: New York
      > line 73: Heinr(?) Albrecht 36(?) (place of origin) Philadelphia
      > line 74: Maria " 18 (place of origin) ditto
> [...]
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic