      Roland Borchers 1940's Georgia
      Date: January 25, 2012 at 18:47:07
      Posted by: Deborah Singer (ID *****0109)
      > Roland Borchers married Ethel and moved to GA maybe Atlanta
      > in early 1940's he was in Maryland before that
      > Otto was pilot in Air Force and died in WWII
      > Not sure of Parents but Aunt and Uncle were Johannes March
      > and Nellie Albrecht who came to USA from Germany in 1910
      > I know brothers were in USA by 1940's
      > Johannes and Nellie were my grandmother's parent,
      > these brothers were her cousins
      http://genforum.genealogy.com/ga/messages/33122.html

      Okay - in THAT query, you spelled the surname as BORCHERS.

      and in your query in this group, you mention "Northwood MD":
      NOTE that Northwood is a suburb of Baltimore MD.

      Back to Ancestry.com -
      I don't know if this is "your" Roland,
      but he *IS* in Baltimore MD in 1942 -
      U.S. World War II Draft Registration, 1942
      Name: Roland Winfield Borchers
      Birth Date: 26 Dec 1891
      Birth Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      Residence: Baltimore, Maryland
      Relative: Mrs. Roland Borchers

      Name: Roland Winfield Borchers [indexed as BACHUS]
      City: Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      Birthplace: Phila, Pennsylvania
      Birth Date: 26 Dec 1891
      Race: Caucasian (White)
      FHL Roll Number: 1907766
      DraftBoard: 43

      In the 1900 census that I previously mentioned and linked,
      the Roland Borchers age 8 is shown as born "Dec 1891".
      This certainly looks to be the same Roland in these 3 documents -
      whether this is "your" Roland I cannot be sure.
      > 1900 Philadelphia Ward 22, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      > Borchers, Richard/49, Anna/30, Roland/8, Herbert/22, Frederick/20
      > Albrecht, Otto/27, Carl/25, Nellie/28
      > Phoebe Reed 29

      1910 Philadelphia Ward 22, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      Borchers, Richard C/58, Anna C/40, Roland/18, Adrian/5

      1920 Philadelphia Ward 22, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      Borchers, Richard/65, Anna/48, Adrian/15, Roland/29

      Interesting -
      the ADRIAN listed here is actually the second of that name -
      Philadelphia, PA, Death Certificates Index, 1803-1915
      Name: Adrian Borchers
      Birth Date: abt 1895
      Birth Place: Phila
      Death Date: 19 Mar 1895
      Death Place: Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      Age at Death: 7 months
      Burial Date: 22 Mar 1895
      Gender: Male -- Race: White
      Street Address: 2038 Mervine Sta
      Cemetery: Mt. Vernon
      Marital Status: Single
      Father: Richard C Borchers
      Mother: Anna Albrecht Borchers
      FHL Film Number: 1872272

      So - now we see the connection -
      Anna, wife of Richard Borchers, mother of Roland, was an ALBRECHT.

      Re OTTO BORCHERS -
      maybe you are confusing OTTO Albrecht and Adrian BORCHERS?

      This could be the same Adrian BORCHERS as above -
      Daily News (Huntingdon, Pennsylvania)
      1936 > March > 27 > Page 1, continued Page 5
      Mexico City, March 27 - The crushed burned bodies of 14 victims of a mysterious mountain airplane crash were brought to the capital today to be cremated. Eight Germans ...; an Austrian and a Hungarian, ... an American, ...
      The American was co-pilot Adrian Borchers, 31, of Philadelphia. He came to Mexico last May. His wife, Helen Forster, Vassar graduate of Ridgewood, N.J., was here. ... ...
      Borchers trained at Kelly Field, Texas. He was a reserve lieutenant in the American Air Corps.
      NOTE: remember - this was before the creation of the U.S. Air Force.

      I still do not find an OTTO BROCHERS as you describe.

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@...> wrote:

      > Can you help me get info about these two brothers? This what I know~
      > OTTO... was in Air Force and died in WWII he was a pilot
      >
      > ROLAND....good cook,(my mom said he was ugly as a mud fence... lol)
      > lived in Northwood Md late 30's early 40's then married Ethal in early 1940's
      > and moved to Atlanta.. or somewhere in GA
      > ... (deleted) ...
      > I have an Ancestry.com Acct
      > but you can just email at Hereslooking4@...

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic