15029Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Katherine Eva Twombley Parsons.

  • bob gillis
    Dec 4 5:22 AM
      On 11/24/2011 7:06 AM, Selena wrote:
      > In my grandfathers obit her name is listed as Katherine Eva, the
      > weird thing is that the marriage certificate has it listed as Kate
      > L. On the familysearch.org has a copy of the marriage certificate
      > and Thomas is listed as her father, they lived in Cape Neddick, ME.
      > There isn't a mother listed. The first source you found was
      > interesting as my grandfather had an Aunt Hattie, but the family was
      > never talked about. The problem I am finding is that this area has a
      > strong French background, so the last name of Twombley and all it's
      > different variations is very common.
      > bob gillis<robertgillis@...> wrote:
      >> What sources indicate that she was born c 1875 in MA to a Thomas
      >> and that her middle name was Eva? By searching for William S
      >> Parsons I find their marriage but her birthplace and parents are
      >> blank. Her name was Kate *L* Twombley and her age was 21 but as
      >> the marriage date was 14 Mar she was more likely born in 1874.

      I do not think Twombley or variation is a French origin name.

      In the 1881 Canada Census there are Twombleys and variations in Nova
      Scotia and Ontario. None of the NS or ON people have a French sounding
      given name.

      Amos Kk was probably the Amos H found in many earlier Census.

      Your evidence leads me to think the Amos family is the correct one.

      bob gillis

      >> I searched for Kate L Twombley I find:
      >> Amos Kk. TWOMBLEY Self M Male W 58 NH Stone
      >> Mason NH NH Catharine TWOMBLEY Wife M Female W 55
      >> MA Keeps House MA MA Hattie M. TWOMBLEY Dau S Female
      >> W 32 MA Seamstress NH MA Kate M. TWOMBLEY Dau S
      >> Female W 18 NH At Home NH MA Alice K. TWOMBLEY
      >> Dau S Female W 14 NH At School NH MA
      >> Census Place Ward 3, Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic