15025Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Brick Wall So Early HELP

  • bob gillis
    Nov 24, 2011
      On 11/4/2011 8:52 AM, Laura wrote:
      > Hi all, haven't been on here in a while, trying to research a line of
      > Lee's Arthur Lee born 1891 in Newfoundland and his wife Isabelle
      > Mahar born same year - I have them in 1930 NY census and also found
      > cemetery info in Cornerbrook, NF but can find nothing to 'prove'
      > birthdates (besides some immigrations docs) and nothing at all on
      > parents of either one.

      Have you done a place search in the Family History Library Catalog for
      Newfoundland

      I found Registers of Vital Statistics collection, 1753-1893,
      Newfoundland and Newfoundland, Vital Statistics, 1753-1893 which are
      available to browse on familysearch.org. Follow the instructions

      Also search the several Newfoundland lists on rootsweb that cover the
      Dominion/Province and Cornerbrook

      In your query you should give all important information that you found
      Arthur Lee
      North Tonawanda, Niagara, New York
      Age: 38
      Marital Status: Married
      Birthplace: Newfoundland
      Estimated Birth Year: 1892
      Immigration Year: 1925
      Household Gender Age
      Arthur Lee M 38
      Spouse Isabelle Lee F 37
      Child Pauline Lee F 14 (1915/6)
      Child Raymond Lee M 2

      Look at the children.. Pauline was born in Canada. While she will not
      be in any on-line Census her parents may be so look in the 1911 Census
      at http://automatedgenealogy.com/.

      bob gillis