15023Re: Katherine Eva Twombley Parsons.

  • Selena
    Nov 24, 2011
      In my grandfathers obit her name is listed as Katherine Eva, the weird thing is that the marriage certificate has it listed as Kate L. On the familysearch.org has a copy of the marriage certificate and Thomas is listed as her father, they lived in Cape Neddick, ME. There isn't a mother listed. The first source you found was interesting as my grandfather had an Aunt Hattie, but the family was never talked about. The problem I am finding is that this area has a strong French background, so the last name of Twombley and all it's different variations is very common.

      bob gillis <robertgillis@...> wrote:

      > What sources indicate that she was born c 1875 in MA to a Thomas and
      > that her middle name was Eva? By searching for William S Parsons I find
      > their marriage but her birthplace and parents are blank. Her name was
      > Kate *L* Twombley and her age was 21 but as the marriage date was 14
      > Mar she was more likely born in 1874.
      >
      > I searched for Kate L Twombley I find:
      >
      > Amos Kk. TWOMBLEY Self M Male W 58 NH Stone Mason
      > NH NH
      > Catharine TWOMBLEY Wife M Female W 55 MA Keeps
      > House MA MA
      > Hattie M. TWOMBLEY Dau S Female W 32 MA
      > Seamstress NH MA
      > Kate M. TWOMBLEY Dau S Female W 18 NH At Home
      > NH MA
      > Alice K. TWOMBLEY Dau S Female W 14 NH At
      > School NH MA
      >
      > Census Place Ward 3, Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire
      >
      > I do not find Kate's birth in FS but I do find Alice's. A broader search
      > my find her birth. As her mother was born in MA, Kate may have been born
      > there also.
      >
      > I think that his Kate is likely the one you are looking for rather than
      > the below; same surname spelling and closely similar given name.
      >
      > In the 1880 Census I do not find a Katherine or Catherine
      > Twombley/Twombly born 1875 ± 5 years but I do find an Eva Twombly:
      > Household:
      >
      > John L. TWOMBLY Self M M W 43 (1837) VT Carpenter
      > VT VT
      > Eliza A. TWOMBLY Wife M F W 44 (1836) VT Keeping
      > House VT VT
      > Eva A. TWOMBLY Dau S F W 4 VT VT VT
      > Effey TWOMBLY Dau S Fe W 3 VT VT VT
      > Census Place Barton, Orleans, Vermont