14943Re: Starting from scratch

  • mdeweygardner
    Aug 1, 2011
      Along the same vein, if you download your GEDCOM (as others have suggested) you can also upload it for free into googledocs (if you have a google email account). GEDCOMs don't include photos or attachments, but at least all the names and details will not disappear.

      And do try to log into ancestry.com--I've used the free account for years, I only buy a month at a time here and there when I know I'll have the time to make it worth my money. When I cancel the paid subscription, all my tree info is still there and all the docs (census, etc) are still attached, but I just don't get the paid privilege of "seeing" them..the citations remain. (Though, I downloaded the pdf images of all of them to my computer anyway...and my local library has all the census docs as well for free if I ever really need to find them). Your tree info should all still be there on ancestry unless you deleted the tree.

      Mark