14844Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Proper Names/Nicknames

  • george burnash
    Apr 15, 2011
      This is where I love programs like Rootsmagic. When you enter someone
      into your tree in Rootsmagic there are places for given names (first and
      middle), surname, prefix, suffix, and nickname. Using the nickname box
      is an easy solution to figuring out where or what to do with them. If
      you then do a printout of the person it will put the nicknames into
      quotes into the middle of the person's name. e.g. George Olifiers
      "Georgie" Burnash. And it makes it very easy to keep straight and

      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>, Karen Minnemeyer
      > <kamiki1@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > This is a problem I have encountered so many times and I am wondering
      > how
      > > everyone else handles it.
      > >
      > > My family, for generations, has had the habit of using middle or
      > nicknames for
      > > people throughout their lives. I have always stuck with using given
      > names for
      > > my genealogy work, listing nicknames as additional names. But this
      > has become a
      > > problem when labeling photos.

      With God, life is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic