14742RE: [Genealogy Research Club] The Library of Congress - Chronicling America

  • Julie Rittacco
    Mar 17, 2011
      How do you get to the site???

      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: has_hotflashes2003@...
      Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:34:39 +0000
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] The Library of Congress - Chronicling America

      I just found this site and it is amazing. This has newspapers from all over the USA large and small. I found an article in a now non-exist newspaper in my hometown which detailed the death of my Great Aunt, who took poison because someone told her her husband was having an affair. It wasn't true, but she she would not let anyone into her room until the poison had taken affect. Her husband was a doctor and he and his partner tried valiantly to save her. We always wondered where the family name Ada came from, now we know. This was on June 25, 1897.